Friday, October 26, 2007

And they're off...

All right, it's been so long since I last posted. For those loyal fans of this blog, I apologize.

A lot has happened since the last post. So much so that I don't know where to start.

Let's see...we had a series of wildfires in Southern California. Some were so close to our house that we had to evacuate. Fortunately, our house is still there.

Our course, the fire also threw us a little off course with our routine. We were supposed to have Owen's stuff packed and ready to go on Monday, but because we were forced out of our house for 2 days, Rich and I didn't even start the packing process until Wednesday night and Rich left on Thursday night to pick up Owen.

He's now closer to VN than he is to the U.S. It's hard to believe that things are starting to happen for us. We hope the finalization of the adoption is smooth in VN, so that Rich, his parents and our little prince can come home on the scheduled date or sooner. Sooner would be great!

What am I doing while all this is happening? I'm training to be a virtuous person. I'm waiting patiently for Rich, Owen and his parents to come home.

I'll be back soon with more news. Just wanted to quickly post that THEY'RE OFF!!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

So wonderful! I am so happy for you and glad that you are safe. So, will you be posting pics and updating us?

Kim and Rich said...

Hi Karen,

I will be posting pics of our little boy as soon as the G*R takes place. But I'll email you the latest sets of pictures...stay tuned.

Kim