Wednesday, February 13, 2008

About Owen's Baby Brother

Just a rambling post about Owen's baby brother. Once the baby is born, this blog will be about the adventures of Owen and his brother. So, I'm going to start with this post.

Owen's baby brother is getting very very heavy. If you ask me, he weighs about a ton! At least that's what it feels like. Seriously, at last Friday's appointment, the doctor estimated his weight to be about 6.5-lbs and growing. This is after the doctor asked me how tall I am. I have no idea what possessed me to say 5 feet tall when I'm only 4 ft, 10 inches tall (with heels on, I'm 5 feet tall--but I don't think the doctor wanted me to factor in my 2-inch heels). Anyway, his estimate was based on my height, weight gained, and feeling the baby through my tummy. So, there's a chance this baby is actually bigger than the weight he estimated. I have a growth ultrasound scheduled for this Friday, so we'll see how big the baby really is. Stay tuned for another post after Friday's appointment.

After gaining 14-lbs (and I'm still growing--a pound a week), I'm very nervous about walking out of supermarkets because it looks as if I'm attempting to shoplift a watermelon by hiding it in my pants! Luckily, it's not watermelon season yet...so I have not been stopped at the door yet.

Besides being big, the baby is also super active ALL THE TIME. Meaning, not only have I lost my waistline, belly button (no big loss, it wasn't that cute to begin with), balance, and natural grace when I move (ha ha), I've also lost my ability to sleep at night. Of course, not sleeping gives me a lot of time to think about the horror stories I've read and heard about delivering a big baby...and the rate at which this kid is growing...you know where I'm going with this.

I'm very excited about the baby's impending arrival, but also very nervous about delivering a 10-pounder!

No comments: