Monday, March 31, 2008

My baby boy

Before Dash's arrival, I used to rock or pat Owen to sleep in his play yard. Since Dash's arrival, I've been trying very hard to get Owen to go down for his nap on his own, which involves me ignoring him and allowing him to cry himself to sleep or tire himself out. Today, we made some progress. Soon after lunch, I placed Owen in his play yard and he walked around for about 15 minutes and then went down for his nap without a fuss! Although I miss the time I spent with him trying to get him to go down for his naps, I'm glad we're making some progress. When Grandma Truong leaves in 2 months, managing 2 babies will not be so stressful (I hope).


Here are a couple of pictures of Owen in the play yard. He fell asleep on his own today. He walked around his play yard for about 15 minutes after lunch and when he tired himself out, he fell asleep.


After Owen fell asleep, I carried him to his pillow and put his favorite dinosaur blanket on him. He usually naps for about 2 hours. What a sweet baby...

No comments: